Saturday, April 11, 2015

More Thoughts on Kitchens.

The one thing about having a blog is you get so see how long you procrastinate on certain projects.  I wrote about our kitchen falling apart here in 2013! Since then we haven't done anything about it. Except for today when I finally painted the space where the huge Microwave used to be in chalkboard paint.  While we really really want to renovate our kitchen we keep putting it off because it will be a huge project.  Scott  wants to open up the kitchen to the back room.  I am fine with our small kitchen and I would prefer to renovate the kitchen and keep it small.  I don't understand the obsession with multitudes of kitchen cabinets.  I really want minimal cabinets, some open shelving, a small counter depth refrigerator and a really great gas stove.  I would also like to incorporate a small eating/sitting area as well with a short shallow table at counter height.

Here are some of my favorite kitchens:

I love the simplicity of the white subway tiles (or is it painted brick?), the Potence style lamp, and open shelving.

Source unknown

Here I love the clean look of the kitchen without any upper cabinets (although this would be a little impractical for us).

Via Jersey Ice Cream Co.


I love how this kitchen even though tiny has everything incorporated so well.


Source unknown

I definitely want black and white cement tiles for our kitchen and and minimal or open shelving for the upper cabinets.

Francois Halard Kitchen (source unknown)

 This tiny kithcen is so cosy, I love the lamp, the open shelving and exposed brick.

Via Blood and Champagne

This kitchen is perfect! I love that it is laid back and looks lived in.

Via Desire to Inspire

Now it is time for me to stop dreaming and commit to doing something with our kitchen.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I am finding our kitchen the hardest to commit to as well .... feeling your pain. I want it to be warm and homely, but uncluttered ... how to achieve both??