Thursday, February 11, 2010

Guest Bedroom.

What is now the guest bedroom was at one time going to be my closet.  The room is tiny and I've had a hard time figuring out how to make the space more inviting.

Finally, after being stuck inside because of the snow storm and in desperate need for something to do, Scott and I decided to move the bed around in the guest room and this is what it looks like now:


The bed faces the window and the view is great (as great as it gets for a house in our neighborhood). 



The room faces South so the room is generally filled with great light.  What a huge difference a small thing like moving the bed around does for a room.  The room looks so much more inviting and restful. I love these bamboo blinds.  They filter the light beautifully.


I bought the blue and white batik wall hanging in Sri Lanka in 1990.  It has been tacked to the walls of all the apartments that I have lived in since 1992.  The other batik wall hanging is also from Sri Lanka and we bought that in 1999.  I am glad that my peacocks have finally found a permanent home.

We still have to paint this room but that will have to wait until we've removed the wallpaper on the second floor landing, fixed the plaster on that wall and put on new wallpaper.

No comments: