Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ending Summer and Beginning New Projects.

I haven't done many new projects since my last post.  I spent some time organizing drawers, cleaning out my closet, and in general clearing out cluttered drawers, cupboards, etc.  Summer has officially ended and I've started  a few projects.  My first project was framing some "Art."

"Art" means a lot of different things to different people.  For me everyday objects, shells, letters, notes, photos and Kiran's paintings are all Art.  I like to include these personal mementos with more tranditional works of Art that I've bought at auctions, on eBay or at thrift stores.  Art can be anything that evokes a sense of beauty and nothing does this better (for me) than objects that evoke beautiful memories. 

I used to scour eBay and thrift stores for old frames which generally needed a lot of work.  So framing things would always be very time consuming.  Then I discovred the Ribba frames at Ikea and framing is now a snap! The smaller sized frames are made well, come in a variety of sizes and include a great matt. 

So here's what I framed yesterday:


The painting to the left is something Kiran did last week using blue acrylic paint and some water.  He doused the paper with a lot of water and then lifted the edges up and watched all the water roll off onto the floor.  I love this painting because I love the way it looks and also because it conjures images of him squealing with laughter and delight when the water kept rolling around on the paper. 

The painting to the right is a drawing I found in my father-in-law's attic.  It is a drawing by Scott's mother in 1966.  While it is sad that Kiran will never meet Scott's mother (because she passed away when Scott was young) it will be nice to have her drawing in the house so that Kiran will at least know something about his paternal grandmother through her drawing.

No comments: