Sunday, April 10, 2011

It's been a while...

I have been very motivated to do lots of things around the house.  I especially get more motivated when things get really busy at work because it is a way for me to relax.  So this is what I have been up to:

  1.  I finished painting the two doors on the third floor black 
  2. I bought a new dining table!
  3. I painted three of our old dining chairs in Regal Matt Black by Benjamin Moore and upholstered the seats in a very dark gray fabric from Ikea
  4. I painted the back wall of my room black and I used Benjamin Moore Chalkboard paint as I did on the doors
  5. we bought Kiran a full size bed for his room from Ikea
  6. I rearranged the furniture in Kiran's room and organized all his toys in separate baskets.  (This has worked out really well.  Kiran cleans up most of the time and I don't have to deal with stray toys all over the house).  
Here's what I would like to get done for April
  1. Install two curtain rods and hang some sheer curtains (which I already have) in the back room
  2. Install a shelf in the vestibule and put some small baskets to store scarves and gloves in one space
  3. Pick a color and paint the guest room
  4. Paint the office room in black or dark grey
  5. sell more furniture and clear out the basement!
  6. figure out how I can build a bookshelf for the office room like this:
Image via Vintage
Oh and if you are wondering why I haven't posted any pictures of what I've been up to well it is because my camera is not working.  Apparently the sandy conditions in Sri Lanka were too much for my camera.  I plan on buying a camera before April 18th (which is Kiran's birthday) but I just can't bring myself to spend the money again since we've only had our camera for about a year.

1 comment:

analyn dela cruz said...

I went over this internet site and I think you have a lot of superb information, and plan to save it to my bookmarking site.