Monday, November 14, 2011

The Coral Pendant Light is up!

The old chandelier in the dining room was very ornate and a little bit too much for our dining room.  I have been admiring the Coral Pendant Light by David Trubridge for a long time.  I finally found a great deal online and bought it.  When it arrived it was  flat packed and the individual pieces had to be assembled like a giant jigsaw puzzle.  It took Scott about two hours to assemble the light.


Even though it is huge (it measures almost two feet in diameter) it takes up a lot less visual space than the chandelier because of all the open spaces.


We installed a dimmer on the light switch and when the light is dimmed the shadows around the room are fantastic.  Even with the light off it looks like an amazing sculpture hanging from the ceiling. 

2 comments:

Suzanne {backonfestiveroad} said...

I came across your blog after googling images for the Coral light. The light looks great in your dining room. I just finished assembling one, and boy are my thumbs sore! You can see pictures of it over at http://backonfestiveroad.blogspot.com/2011/11/new-david-trubridge-coral-light-in.html
I think we have a very similar aesthetic, and I loved looking at your renovation projects for your rowhouse. Good luck with your future endeavors. All I can say is that it is never ending, but so worth it!

Madie said...

Suzanne,
Congratulations on getting the light assembled! I am not sure I would have been able to do it by myself without any help. You are so right about it being a never ending process. I am no where near being "done" but now I have suddenly developed a desire to change things that are on my "done" list.