Monday, March 25, 2013

Beautiful White House.

Our house has not been photo ready for a while so I haven't posted any pictures.  With two kids my house seems to be in a constant state of disarray.  To add to the chaos I really, really dislike the yellow paint in the living room and the blue paint in the dining room.  All I want is a white, airy open feeling home.  The first time I saw the pictures of this house, belonging to Orlando and Nicola Reindorf, my jaw dropped to the floor.  This is exactly what I want my house to feel like (now). I absolutely love everything about this place.  The neon orange accents on the table and bench in the image below are genius. 

Via Design Files.
Basements and the stairways leading to basements are often neglected and boring.  If I had rainbow striped walls leading down to my basement I would be thrilled to go down there. 

Via Design Files.
I am seriously considering having shelves installed on either side of our faux fireplace in the living room.  We really need more storage for our books. 

Via Design Files.
I wish I had an extra room that I could convert into a bathroom.  I would add a clawfoot tub in the middle of the room, instal a chandelier and add a few paintings just like in the image below. 

Via Design Files.


Via Design Files.
I love the blue and white wallpaper with the Muuto lamp.
 
Via Design Files.
This room is just perfect.  I love the mirror pendant light (Tom Dixon??) and the bright orange Jielde floor lamp. I really want a geometric wall sculpture like this.  I wonder how hard it would be to make one...

Via Design Files.

Via Design Files.

These matt black tiles in the kitchen look amazing. 

Via Design Files.
 I really like the dark exterior with the pop of color on the door. 

Via Design Files.
Seeing this home makes me want to start painting our house.  I have already started painting the dining room in Moonlight White by Benjamin Moore.  Now I just have to paint the living room, paint the back room, and paint the second floor bathroom. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog, just full of inspiration! I hope my little South Philly house shapes up like yours. It made me really happy to see your floors because I just removed 8 vinyl floors from my kitchen and now have old pine covered in black mastic.

You should definitely build the living room shelving. I'll (eventually) be doing the same thing in a bedroom that has the same protruding chimney, probably with regular metal adjustable shelf standards and boards.

Madie said...

Chad thanks for stopping by and thanks for the kind comment. I would love to build the shelving. Our walls are all crooked and angled so for now we are tackling some easier projects.