Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Less is Better...sometimes.

I have been clearing out drawers, closets, toy bins and almost any other place where things seem to collect. A few months ago Scott and I cleared out the basement of old furniture we weren't really sure why we were holding on to. All this editing has turned out to be quite fun. Recently I removed the living room rug. I had forgotten how beautiful the oak parquet looked without a rug!

 

Soon I will dismantle this gallery wall to make room for a floor to ceiling bookshelf:


We haven't decided whether we will build a wooden bookshelf onto the wall which will start about a foot off the floor (so that it doesn't hide the decorative oak inlay on the floor) or if we will install elfa shelves from the Container Store.   I will keep you posted.



No comments: